- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
If you get stuck, write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
I just saw the image that JacobTheC*** posted. I-I think I'm scarred for life...please, I'm begging you, delete it ASAP! Sparrowsong 02:08, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
The image Edit
If you want to give me admin rights go to Special pages, than look until you see User Rights Managemant. Than, type in my username ArchieAndrewfan3001. You then see how to change my user rights. Press admin and sysop than press save. Archie 02:22, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
Look up Pain5.jpg. Look for a delete button at the top. Press that. Type "inappropriate image" as the deletion reason and press "Delete page." The image will still be there until you do that, even if you undo his edits and everything. Sparrowsong 03:05, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
Do what Archie told you, but with me. Or have a Wikia Staff member do it. Sparrowsong 03:10, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
I don't think so. Sparrowsong 03:19, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
Kay then, goodnight! Sparrowsong 03:24, April 15, 2010 (UTC)
The Sims Wiki already covers the Sims 2 Pets extensively, and they get more traffic. Perhaps you should edit there instead of making a new wikia? You clearly know quite a bit about the sims pets so you could really make a difference to some of the articles. Deftera 12:31, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hi there. I'm Duskey over from The Sims Wiki. I was wondering if you were interested in putting a link on this wiki to our wiki. We have already included yours on our About page and in our main menu on the left. Looking forward to hearing from you. Duskey(talk) 22:58, July 22, 2010 (UTC)